Re: [Czechlist] Neco k pobaveni - Zajimave informace o CR -

    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 3, 2007
      Helga, I don't think this is real.

      I notice that they didn't mention the name of the tourist guidebook,
      which makes it suspicious to begin with, and secondly, it looks very
      much like a satirical newspaper article a friend in Prague sent me a
      few years ago.

      I do agree with what it says under the heading "Lidé", but I think
      this is was originally meant as humor and has now been dressed up as
      "real", probably just to trash Americans.

      However, in real life, on exams, I *was* told by Czechs that "Munich
      is on the northern coast of Germany, across the Danube from Hamburg,"
      and that, "The United States consists of 23 independent countries and
      several colonies of Great Britain, France, Holland and Portugal." So
      this disease is everywhere.

      Jamie

      Message 44 of 44 , Mar 8, 2007
        Trolling this list again, Radek?? Be off with you.

        Melvyn