Vztahovacny - English equivalent?

  • Liz Spacilova
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2007
      Good morning,

      A psychologist used the term "vztahovacny" to describe one person's
      behaviour. When I asked her what this means, she explained it is from
      the word vztahnout - "ze tento clovek vsechno vztahne na sebe". She
      could not come up with another word and I could not think of an
      English word for what I understand is someone who takes everything
      under their own wing, is unable to delegate, needs to personally
      supervise all details ... certainly we have all encountered this
      behaviour before. Is there a single English word equivalent to this?
      Domineering, controlling ...? Not too confident about
      Fronek's "touchy" or Seznam's "egocentric".

      Diky moc

      Nevztahovacna Liz
    • Liz Spacilova
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 16, 2007

        > On Apr 16, 2007, at 8:28 AM, Liz Spacilova wrote:
        >
        > > I would have no qualm translating this into English as
        > > sth like "he over-personalises too much."
        >
        > Well, Liz, I find this sentence excessively over-redundant. :-)

        Touché.