Re: [Czechlist] INFO: PayPal and Moneybookers

  • Jennifer Hejtmankova
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2007
      I can only tell you about PayPal - when you open the account, you
      choose waht currency you want your primary currency to be - I chose
      Euros. The account is connected to my ebanka acount - crowns. I
      haven't yet received any payments there, so I can't tell you what
      happens, but here's some info from their "managing currencies" help
      file:

      Options for Managing Currency Balances

      The Manage Currency table displays all of the currencies in which you
      may maintain a balance.

      Open Balance
      When you select a currency balance and click the Open Balance button,
      all future payments you receive in this currency will automatically
      be credited to this balance.

      Close Balance
      When you select an open currency balance and click the Close Balance
      button, all future payments you receive in this currency will be
      accepted, denied, or held as pending (depending on your Payment
      Receiving Preference for foreign currency payments, which is set in
      your Profile). If there is a positive amount in the balance you are
      closing, you will be prompted to convert these funds to an open
      currency balance.

      When you select a currency balance and click the Make Primary button,
      this currency will become your default currency for sending and
      requesting payments, and for converting payments you receive in
      foreign currencies (if you have chosen this option in your Payment
      Receiving Preferences).

      Convert
      When you select a currency balance and click Convert, you will be
      given the option of coverting funds from the balance you've selected
      to another currency balance.

      Home Country Currency
      Funds are held in the currency of your home country. When you
      withdraw money to a local bank account, it will be done in your home
      country currency.

      You can maintain balances in currencies other than that of your home
      country, but when withdrawing from your PayPal account, your money
      will be withdrawn to you in your home country currency. Additionally,
      you can withdraw your funds in U.S. dollars if your funds are
      withdrawn to a bank located in the United States.

      Hope that helps at least a bit!

      Jennifer Hejtmánková