Question about a term - heating quivers

  • Pavel Trusina
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      Dear friends,

      has anybody met this term before? It is from a questionnaire which was sent
      by a potential customer to a potential supplier. This questionnaire asks
      about welding and annealing facilities and other similar means of processing
      which the spplier may have. Just for more context, see below some questions
      from the questionnaire:

      "Do you have storage with temperature and humidity control?
      Do you have re-baking oven?
      Do you use portable HEATING QUIVERS?
      Is the welding carried out after a welding plan?
      Do you identify / mark all weld seams?
      Are you able to carry out stress relieved annealing?
      Do you use non-destructive-testing techniques?" ... and so on.

      I do not know whether this questionnaire was written by English native
      speaker or whether it is an attempt to tanslate it from another language.
      Perhaps, more detailed explanation in English will help me. This is the only
      term from the whole (12-page) questionnaire I got stuck on.
      Thanks in advance a lot for any ideas.

      Pavel
    • Iveta Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        I don't know the Czech term but you will find a picture of heating quivers
        here:
        http://www.mfhhire.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/millhouse/mfhhire/shop/shania?ACTION=SHOP&THISPAGE=page12.html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

        Iveta

        > has anybody met this term before? It is from a questionnaire which was
        > sent
        > by a potential customer to a potential supplier. This questionnaire asks
        > about welding and annealing facilities and other similar means of
        > processing
        > which the spplier may have. Just for more context, see below some
        > questions
        > from the questionnaire:
        >
        > "Do you have storage with temperature and humidity control?
        > Do you have re-baking oven?
        > Do you use portable HEATING QUIVERS?
        > Is the welding carried out after a welding plan?
        > Do you identify / mark all weld seams?
        > Are you able to carry out stress relieved annealing?
        > Do you use non-destructive-testing techniques?" ... and so on.
        >
        > I do not know whether this questionnaire was written by English native
        > speaker or whether it is an attempt to tanslate it from another language.
        > Perhaps, more detailed explanation in English will help me. This is the
        > only
        > term from the whole (12-page) questionnaire I got stuck on.
        > Thanks in advance a lot for any ideas.
        >
        > Pavel
        >

        > Anglicke krouzky:
        > http://zehrovak.googlepages.com/circles
        >
        > Lokativ - terminologicky slovnik:
        > http://www.lokativ.com
        >
        > http://news4linguists.blogspot.com/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
          The key thing is that they should be ELECTRODE heating quivers...

          Never seen/heard of one, but the Czech term will be something along the
          lines of: nahrivaci schranka/pouzdro na (svarovaci) elektrody

          Matej

          >I don't know the Czech term but you will find a picture of heating quivers
          > here:
          > http://www.mfhhire.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/millhouse/mfhhire/shop/shania?ACTION=SHOP&THISPAGE=page12.html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!
          >
          > Iveta

        • Pavel Trusina
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
            Thank you both a lot for quick help. This was exactly what I needed.

            Pavel