Re: [Czechlist] Re: HELP: miscellaneous terms

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      Ahoj, Igore!
      Moc diky, napsal jsem tam pro jistotu jen "kamera", ale snad to pochopi.
      S pozdravem,
      Jarda

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2007
        <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

        > Hello, dear listmates!
        > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
        special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
        recovery boiler air system.

        > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well
        (the problematic term is in upper case):

        > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
        erected."

        > Then there is a document with the heading:
        >
        > CO-LOGG
        > KPAB-VAM
        > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
        of the German contractor)

        > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
        >
        > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount -
        Comments

        > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are
        clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but
        I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date"
        and "App'd amount").

        > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Jarda

        Hi there,
        did some one reply to your question?

        I worked in Northern Canada for oil company for over 6 years
        designing, developing, testing, installing and commissioning many
        different types of camera systems. Term "BED" Camera, I never seen.
        Cameras are used for so many different applications now days, that in
        some cases engineers, installers and technicians name camera systems
        with specific locations names. In these cases best way is to speak to
        designer or engineer for explanation. We developed also systems and
        named them according location or purpose of use. Many times systems
        were not named with standard names.
        Examples:
        Crusher drums fixed
        Crusher drum PTZ
        Hopper fixed
        Surge pile PTZ
        PSV fixed
        PSV PTZ
        Boom Intec
        CO2 vessel

        Don't know if this will help you, but let me know if you need
        something else.
        Zdar, Milan Podsesdnik