Re: HELP: miscellaneous terms

  • iseykora
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      "BED CAMERA" bych prelozil jako "kamera monitorujici loze"

      Zdravi

      Igor

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jaroslav Hejzlar"
      <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

      > Hello, dear listmates!
      > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
      special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
      recovery boiler air system.

      > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
      well (the problematic term is in upper case):

      > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
      erected."

      > Then there is a document with the heading:
      >
      > CO-LOGG
      > KPAB-VAM
      > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
      of the German contractor)

      > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
      >
      > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
      amount - Comments

      > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
      are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
      receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
      ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

      > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
      TIA

      > Regards,
      >
      > Jarda

    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hello, Martin and Jan!
        Thank you very much for your help.
        Regards,
        Jarda

        Co se te bed camera tyce, pomohlo by tohle?
        www.anthonyross.com/content_manager/go/ID/43417/dbc/8c9826125916b392a123add34c4bc089

        Tve odhady CO a Rec'd vypadaji rozumne, ten heading netusim - pokud jsi
        si jsty, ze se preklada, skoro bych se zeptal zakaznika.

        hth
        Martin

        Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):
        > Hello, dear listmates!
        > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of special process equipment for paper works and in particular the recovery boiler air system.
        >
        > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well (the problematic term is in upper case):
        >
        > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily erected."
        >
        > Then there is a document with the heading:
        >
        > CO-LOGG
        > KPAB-VAM
        > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name of the German contractor)
        >
        > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
        >
        > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount - Comments
        >
        > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").
        >
        > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Jarda

        > Anglicke krouzky:
        > http://zehrovak.googlepages.com/circles
        >
        > Lokativ - terminologicky slovnik:
        > http://www.lokativ.com
        >
        > http://news4linguists.blogspot.com/

      • Jaroslav Hejzlar
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          Ahoj, Igore!
          Moc diky, napsal jsem tam pro jistotu jen "kamera", ale snad to pochopi.
          S pozdravem,
          Jarda

          <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

          > Hello, dear listmates!
          > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
          special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
          recovery boiler air system.

          > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
          well (the problematic term is in upper case):

          > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
          erected."

          > Then there is a document with the heading:
          >
          > CO-LOGG
          > KPAB-VAM
          > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
          of the German contractor)

          > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
          >
          > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
          amount - Comments

          > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
          are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
          receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
          ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

          > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
          TIA

          > Regards,
          >
          > Jarda

        • czechmilan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2007
            <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

            > Hello, dear listmates!
            > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
            special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
            recovery boiler air system.

            > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well
            (the problematic term is in upper case):

            > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
            erected."

            > Then there is a document with the heading:
            >
            > CO-LOGG
            > KPAB-VAM
            > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
            of the German contractor)

            > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
            >
            > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount -
            Comments

            > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are
            clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but
            I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date"
            and "App'd amount").

            > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Jarda

            Hi there,
            did some one reply to your question?

            I worked in Northern Canada for oil company for over 6 years
            designing, developing, testing, installing and commissioning many
            different types of camera systems. Term "BED" Camera, I never seen.
            Cameras are used for so many different applications now days, that in
            some cases engineers, installers and technicians name camera systems
            with specific locations names. In these cases best way is to speak to
            designer or engineer for explanation. We developed also systems and
            named them according location or purpose of use. Many times systems
            were not named with standard names.
            Examples:
            Crusher drums fixed
            Crusher drum PTZ
            Hopper fixed
            Surge pile PTZ
            PSV fixed
            PSV PTZ
            Boom Intec
            CO2 vessel

            Don't know if this will help you, but let me know if you need
            something else.
            Zdar, Milan Podsesdnik