Re: [Czechlist] HELP: miscellaneous terms

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      Approved date and amount ?
      Recorded date ?
      CO - commercial order ?
      Honza

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        Ahoj Jardo,

        App'd date - datum schvaleni
        App'd amount - schvalene mnozstvi

        Co se te bed camera tyce, pomohlo by tohle?
        www.anthonyross.com/content_manager/go/ID/43417/dbc/8c9826125916b392a123add34c4bc089

        Tve odhady CO a Rec'd vypadaji rozumne, ten heading netusim - pokud jsi
        si jsty, ze se preklada, skoro bych se zeptal zakaznika.

        hth
        Martin

        Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):
        > Hello, dear listmates!
        > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of special process equipment for paper works and in particular the recovery boiler air system.
        >
        > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well (the problematic term is in upper case):
        >
        > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily erected."
        >
        > Then there is a document with the heading:
        >
        > CO-LOGG
        > KPAB-VAM
        > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name of the German contractor)
        >
        > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
        >
        > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount - Comments
        >
        > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").
        >
        > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Jarda

        > Anglicke krouzky:
        > http://zehrovak.googlepages.com/circles
        >
        > Lokativ - terminologicky slovnik:
        > http://www.lokativ.com
        >
        > http://news4linguists.blogspot.com/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • iseykora
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          "BED CAMERA" bych prelozil jako "kamera monitorujici loze"

          Zdravi

          Igor

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jaroslav Hejzlar"
          <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

          > Hello, dear listmates!
          > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
          special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
          recovery boiler air system.

          > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
          well (the problematic term is in upper case):

          > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
          erected."

          > Then there is a document with the heading:
          >
          > CO-LOGG
          > KPAB-VAM
          > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
          of the German contractor)

          > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
          >
          > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
          amount - Comments

          > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
          are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
          receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
          ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

          > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
          TIA

          > Regards,
          >
          > Jarda

        • Jaroslav Hejzlar
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
            Hello, Martin and Jan!
            Thank you very much for your help.
            Regards,
            Jarda

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
              Ahoj, Igore!
              Moc diky, napsal jsem tam pro jistotu jen "kamera", ale snad to pochopi.
              S pozdravem,
              Jarda

              <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

              > Hello, dear listmates!
              > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
              special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
              recovery boiler air system.

              > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
              well (the problematic term is in upper case):

              > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
              erected."

              > Then there is a document with the heading:
              >
              > CO-LOGG
              > KPAB-VAM
              > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
              of the German contractor)

              > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
              >
              > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
              amount - Comments

              > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
              are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
              receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
              ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

              > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
              TIA

              > Regards,
              >
              > Jarda

            • czechmilan
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 19, 2007
                <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

                > Hello, dear listmates!
                > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
                special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
                recovery boiler air system.

                > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well
                (the problematic term is in upper case):

                > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
                erected."

                > Then there is a document with the heading:
                >
                > CO-LOGG
                > KPAB-VAM
                > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
                of the German contractor)

                > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
                >
                > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount -
                Comments

                > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are
                clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but
                I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date"
                and "App'd amount").

                > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Jarda

                Hi there,
                did some one reply to your question?

                I worked in Northern Canada for oil company for over 6 years
                designing, developing, testing, installing and commissioning many
                different types of camera systems. Term "BED" Camera, I never seen.
                Cameras are used for so many different applications now days, that in
                some cases engineers, installers and technicians name camera systems
                with specific locations names. In these cases best way is to speak to
                designer or engineer for explanation. We developed also systems and
                named them according location or purpose of use. Many times systems
                were not named with standard names.
                Examples:
                Crusher drums fixed
                Crusher drum PTZ
                Hopper fixed
                Surge pile PTZ
                PSV fixed
                PSV PTZ
                Boom Intec
                CO2 vessel

                Don't know if this will help you, but let me know if you need
                something else.
                Zdar, Milan Podsesdnik