HELP: miscellaneous terms

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello, dear listmates!
      I am translating some documents on supply and installation of special process equipment for paper works and in particular the recovery boiler air system.

      In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well (the problematic term is in upper case):

      "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily erected."

      Then there is a document with the heading:

      CO-LOGG
      KPAB-VAM
      (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name of the German contractor)

      and the document contains a table with the following columns:

      CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount - Comments

      I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

      Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA

      Regards,

      Jarda

    • Jan Culka
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        Approved date and amount ?
        Recorded date ?
        CO - commercial order ?
        Honza

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          Ahoj Jardo,

          App'd date - datum schvaleni
          App'd amount - schvalene mnozstvi

          Co se te bed camera tyce, pomohlo by tohle?
          www.anthonyross.com/content_manager/go/ID/43417/dbc/8c9826125916b392a123add34c4bc089

          Tve odhady CO a Rec'd vypadaji rozumne, ten heading netusim - pokud jsi
          si jsty, ze se preklada, skoro bych se zeptal zakaznika.

          hth
          Martin

          Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):
          > Hello, dear listmates!
          > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of special process equipment for paper works and in particular the recovery boiler air system.
          >
          > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well (the problematic term is in upper case):
          >
          > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily erected."
          >
          > Then there is a document with the heading:
          >
          > CO-LOGG
          > KPAB-VAM
          > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name of the German contractor)
          >
          > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
          >
          > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount - Comments
          >
          > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").
          >
          > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Jarda

          > Anglicke krouzky:
          > http://zehrovak.googlepages.com/circles
          >
          > Lokativ - terminologicky slovnik:
          > http://www.lokativ.com
          >
          > http://news4linguists.blogspot.com/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • iseykora
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
            "BED CAMERA" bych prelozil jako "kamera monitorujici loze"

            Zdravi

            Igor

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jaroslav Hejzlar"
            <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

            > Hello, dear listmates!
            > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
            special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
            recovery boiler air system.

            > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
            well (the problematic term is in upper case):

            > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
            erected."

            > Then there is a document with the heading:
            >
            > CO-LOGG
            > KPAB-VAM
            > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
            of the German contractor)

            > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
            >
            > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
            amount - Comments

            > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
            are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
            receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
            ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

            > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
            TIA

            > Regards,
            >
            > Jarda

          • Jaroslav Hejzlar
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
              Hello, Martin and Jan!
              Thank you very much for your help.
              Regards,
              Jarda

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
                Ahoj, Igore!
                Moc diky, napsal jsem tam pro jistotu jen "kamera", ale snad to pochopi.
                S pozdravem,
                Jarda

                <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

                > Hello, dear listmates!
                > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
                special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
                recovery boiler air system.

                > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite
                well (the problematic term is in upper case):

                > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
                erected."

                > Then there is a document with the heading:
                >
                > CO-LOGG
                > KPAB-VAM
                > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
                of the German contractor)

                > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
                >
                > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd
                amount - Comments

                > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns
                are clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of
                receipt", but I am completely at a loss with the next two columns
                ("App'd date" and "App'd amount").

                > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)?
                TIA

                > Regards,
                >
                > Jarda

              • czechmilan
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 19, 2007
                  <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

                  > Hello, dear listmates!
                  > I am translating some documents on supply and installation of
                  special process equipment for paper works and in particular the
                  recovery boiler air system.

                  > In the punch list, there is one item I do not understand quite well
                  (the problematic term is in upper case):

                  > "Rail and support for BED CAMERA on front wall to be temporarily
                  erected."

                  > Then there is a document with the heading:
                  >
                  > CO-LOGG
                  > KPAB-VAM
                  > (where only the "VAM" part is quite clear, because it is the name
                  of the German contractor)

                  > and the document contains a table with the following columns:
                  >
                  > CO no. - Subject - Amount - Rec'd date - App'd date - App'd amount -
                  Comments

                  > I guess that "CO" could be "change order", the next two columns are
                  clear, then I guess that "Rec'd date" could be "Date of receipt", but
                  I am completely at a loss with the next two columns ("App'd date"
                  and "App'd amount").

                  > Can you please help as soon as possible (by noon at the latest)? TIA
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Jarda

                  Hi there,
                  did some one reply to your question?

                  I worked in Northern Canada for oil company for over 6 years
                  designing, developing, testing, installing and commissioning many
                  different types of camera systems. Term "BED" Camera, I never seen.
                  Cameras are used for so many different applications now days, that in
                  some cases engineers, installers and technicians name camera systems
                  with specific locations names. In these cases best way is to speak to
                  designer or engineer for explanation. We developed also systems and
                  named them according location or purpose of use. Many times systems
                  were not named with standard names.
                  Examples:
                  Crusher drums fixed
                  Crusher drum PTZ
                  Hopper fixed
                  Surge pile PTZ
                  PSV fixed
                  PSV PTZ
                  Boom Intec
                  CO2 vessel

                  Don't know if this will help you, but let me know if you need
                  something else.
                  Zdar, Milan Podsesdnik