Re: [Czechlist] Help: strihovy film

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
      Melvyn is right. It is "found footage" or "found footage montage". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_footage

      It can either be of a documentary or a feature film nature.

      A good example of a documentary found footage is Frank Capra's Why We Fight.

      A good example of a feature found footage is Robert Youngson's The Golden Age of Comedy.

      Best luck,

      Bedrich

      coilinoc <coilinoc@...> wrote:
      Hi there!
      Does anybody have any idea what sort of film this is? Judging by the
      internet, it seems to be used fairly regularly by Czech cineastes, but
      I still can't really tell from the examples I have found what exactly
      it is supposed to mean...
      CONTEXT: Od mladi se venoval amaterskemu filmu a jako samouk natocil
      nekolik desitek autorskych filmu. V roce 1979 emigroval do Nemecka a
      posleze do USA. Zde se prosadil predevsim jako strihac. Zrejme
      nejvyznamnejsi byla jeho spoluprace s reziserem Godfrey Reggiem na
      svetove proslulych strihovych filmech Powaqqatsi, Anima Mundi a
      Naqoyqatsi.

      MTIA
      Coilin