HELP: some more blasted MENU items

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi there,
      It never rains but it pours etc. Just as soon as I finish one menu, I
      get another, which also contains some inscrutable dishes.
      I'd be grateful if anyone could enlighten me as to what the following
      meals could be:

      kruti snek (Is this something like "(a) rolled turkey (breast)"?)

      kureci sleh ?

      Grunt se syrem (this is in a section called "Special salads"...???)

      Finally, does anyone know if we have an English word for "berani roh".
      This is one of those green curly peppers that you see in Czech
      vegetable shops. It kind of looks like a Cayenne pepper but is green
      and nowhere near as spicy. I was just wondering if we have a special
      term for it besides calling it a pepper?

      MTIS
      Coilin
    • Gerald Turner
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        I'd call it a "pickled pepper".

        Gerry

        --
        Czech-In Translations
        V lesíčku 5

        Experience*Style*Precision

      • ing.Sárka Rubková
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
          H i Coilin,

          kruti snek (Is this something like "(a) rolled turkey (breast)"?)

          yes

          kureci sleh ?

          I would say mix of chicken meat, sume vegetables, ketchup and this mixture
          is hot

          Grunt se syrem (this is in a section called "Special salads"...???)

          Sorry, no idea

          Sarka