Re: [Czechlist] Olde worldy creative Xmas party invite again..

  • Lists
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Yesterday I went to the cinema to see Vachek's new film "Zavis, knize
      pornofolku pod vlivem Griffithovy Intolerance a Tatiho Prázdnin pana Hulota
      aneb Vznik a zanik Ceskoslovenska  (1918 – 1992)" (... the whole title of the
      film), where there is something about Eduard Benes. He apparently saved his
      parents by pulling out the "zakolnicky" of their cart the night before they
      went out to collect hay. On the day his parents were out on the cart full of
      hay, there was a storm, the horses panicked and fell into a gorge. But the
      cart was saved: the missing "zakolnicky" caused the wheels to fall off and
      the cart just collapsed and stopped before falling into the gorge. The
      director mentions this "fateful" anecdote about the "zakolnicky" several
      times. So Benes would probably translate the sentence:

      "Vlevo nahore jsou osudove zakolnicky... staci je jen vytahnout."

      :)

      Roman Dergam