Olde worldy creative Xmas party invite again..

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      I get the prize for the first one of these this year, despite doing my best
      to escape the Xmas madness by hiding in a hospital..

      This particular PR person decided to take their employees and guests through
      some sort of spiritual/spiritistic experience... the gate shall open, the
      other worlds shall be there, the heaven, the hell and the paradise (I
      thought that was what heaven was)... Anyway, after a quick one person
      brainstorming session and dropping the new age concept I first thought of, I
      decided to play on a historic note, the only bit that I can't do it with is
      this:

      "Vlevo nahore jsou osudova tlacitka... staci jen kliknout"

      (The invitees are supposed to RSVP by clicking on yes or no buttons)

      Could anyone think of a (phony) historic/historising way of saying "a
      button" (of the Internet clicking kind) and "to click" (with a mouse)?

      No idea about the first one, considering tap/rap for the second, something a
      person in, say, 16th century might have done that would convey the meaning
      of indicating/selecting/touching.. and would sound old-fashioned.

      Thanks a lot

      Matej
    • Lists
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        Yesterday I went to the cinema to see Vachek's new film "Zavis, knize
        pornofolku pod vlivem Griffithovy Intolerance a Tatiho Prázdnin pana Hulota
        aneb Vznik a zanik Ceskoslovenska  (1918 – 1992)" (... the whole title of the
        film), where there is something about Eduard Benes. He apparently saved his
        parents by pulling out the "zakolnicky" of their cart the night before they
        went out to collect hay. On the day his parents were out on the cart full of
        hay, there was a storm, the horses panicked and fell into a gorge. But the
        cart was saved: the missing "zakolnicky" caused the wheels to fall off and
        the cart just collapsed and stopped before falling into the gorge. The
        director mentions this "fateful" anecdote about the "zakolnicky" several
        times. So Benes would probably translate the sentence:

        "Vlevo nahore jsou osudove zakolnicky... staci je jen vytahnout."

        :)

        Roman Dergam