Re: Help: three more music terms

  • Jaroslav Suchánek
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
      Prostredky = vyjadrovací metody pro danou formu ci styl = resources would be
      fine IMHO.
      Uzavrena arie = asi spise ve smyslu dejovém nez hudebním = final, closing,
      concluding??
      Diatonicka masova pisen = "mass" as Gerry wrote, but with simple melody
      (diatonic tune).
      Jarda

      1c. Re: Help: three more music terms
      Posted by: "Gerald Turner" turner.gerald@... czechin2001
      Date: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:48 pm (PDT)

      Try "musical devices". Uzavrena here maybe "self-contained"? (Who's the
      composer referred to?) Masova pisen - influenced by Soviet-style
      "agitational" chorus singing - could be translated as "mass singing" maybe.

      Gerry