Sunday night humor

  • kzgafas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      I think some of you might enjoy this:

      Bosses of a New York publishing firm are trying to figure out why no
      one noticed that one of their employees had been sitting dead at his
      desk for five days before anyone asked if he was feeling okay.
      George Turklebaum, 51, who had been employed as a proof-reader at a
      New York firm for 30 years, had a heart attack in the open-plan
      office he shared with 23 other workers.

      He quietly passed away on Monday, but nobody noticed until Saturday
      morning when an office cleaner asked why he was working during the
      weekend.

      His boss, Elliot Wachiaski, said: "George was always the first guy
      in each morning and the last to leave at night, so no one found it
      unusual that he was in the same position all that time and didn't
      say anything. He was always absorbed in his work and kept much to
      himself."

      A post mortem examination revealed that he had been dead for five
      days after suffering a coronary. George was proofreading manuscripts
      of medical textbooks at the time of his death.

      You may want to give your co-workers a nudge occasionally, or
      say "hello in there," just to be sure they have not succumbed to the
      same fate as George

      If there IS a moral to this most unfortunate story, it could be
      this: Don't work too, too hard. Nobody notices anyway.
    • Pavel Trusina
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        I really enjoyed it. But... I think I´d better to go to bed now...
        Good night..
        PT