Re: Glossaries

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 1999

      >Another night owl like myself, I see!

      To wit, you too

      >Re. the glossaries: I hadn't seen the one on church institutions. Do you
      >have any details?

      Anglicko-cesky teologicky slovnik - Vydavatelstvi Karolinum - one of those
      in stapled booklet form available a couple of months ago at the university
      bookshop on Jan Palach Square and it does have a list of personal names such
      as Simon Horlivec and Juda Makabejsky but I'm afraid your Nilo is too
      obscure for it. I find it handy for church names with assumptions and
      ascensions and stuff...I can bring it along when we meet up in the near
      future.

      >A more general question: does anyone know where I can get hold a C->E
      >dictionary for *geology*? I would kill (murder/commit homicide) for one...

      Don't reckon there is one. Anybody know any better?

      Melvyn
    • Alastair Millar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 1999
        It was written thus:

        >>Another night owl like myself, I see!
        >To wit, you too

        [groan!]

        A peek at that Teologicky slovnik would be interesting...

        Re. coffee, I'll be in Town again next Wednesday, 24th - so far, I seem to
        have kept the morning free. Any chance for you then Melvyn? And/or anyone
        else -
        Kostas, Irena?

        On the CJ-AJ geology dictionary, I hear occasional whispers that one of the
        geological institutes may have put one together some years ago. Since no-one
        I know has actually *seen* one, however, this could be just another 'urban
        myth' - or is it?

        Cheers!

        Alastair
        alastair@...
      • Kostas Zgafas
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 1999
          I won�t be able to meet the next week; I will be on vacation at Las Islas de
          Balleares in Mediterranean sea (sounds much better than "I am going go
          Mallorca", doesn�t?); however, I will have, of course, my laptop with me,
          and I will stay in contact.

          Kostas