INFO: Czechlist Skype conference inter alia

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2006
      Hullo chums,

      Anybody else interested in joining a little Skype conference to chat
      about the kind of Czech-English language issues (translation,
      teaching, language learning, resources etc) that we discuss here and
      at Prague gatherings...?

      If so, drop me a line with preferred times and days of the week (and
      any other ideas you may have on the subject) and we can surely sort
      something out...

      BTW next meatspace meeting I'll be at will be early evening on
      September 18th in the back garden at U Pinkasu. More details nearer
      the time.

      And another date for Praguers' diaries: I'm hoping to meet up with a
      few Czechlisters on September 23rd in Kamenne Zehrovice for this event:

      http://www.mujweb.cz/spolecnost/zehrovak/aktualne.htm

      With its nearby lakeside restaurants and fine forest walks, KZ is a
      great place for an enjoyable day out IMHO, so if any other
      Czechlisters would like to join us, do get in touch.

      :-)

      Melvyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2006
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...> wrote:
        >next meatspace meeting I'll be at will be early evening on September
        18th in the back garden at U Pinkasu. More details nearer
        the time.

        Meeting up on Monday at 4 pm. Don't know if we will be there all that
        late into the evening - give me a call on 603 942 957 if you want to
        check out the situation. My little Forecastfox gizmo indicated rain
        for Monday earlier on - but now it says 'intervals of clouds and sun'
        with a pleasant 24 C. Still, if we are not in the back garden then
        look for us indoors or under the canopy out front.

        >Anybody else interested in joining a little Skype conference to chat
        about the kind of Czech-English language issues (translation,
        teaching, language learning, resources etc) that we discuss here and
        at Prague gatherings...?

        Any more takers...? Definitely fun and useful.

        >And another date for Praguers' diaries: I'm hoping to meet up with a
        few Czechlisters on September 23rd in Kamenne Zehrovice for this event:

        http://www.mujweb.cz/spolecnost/zehrovak/aktualne.htm

        Several Czechlisters have already expressed interest in this. Check
        out my translation of the invitation for some background info:

        http://zehrovak.googlepages.com/marian

        and see if you can do any better with "trdlo" than my "loopy
        pastries". A mystery prize for any good suggestions. And a mystery
        prize for anybody who guesses what the mystery prize is.

        BR

        Melvyn