Help: podkres

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2006
      Hi there,
      Could any Czech NSer explain to me what exactly is meant by "podkres".
      It doesn't seem to exist in any CT-EN dictionary, but the few Czech
      references to the word on google seems to suggest some sort of
      backdrop or background (music)...
      CONTEXT: prostor dvorany oziva podkresovymi scenicko-vytvarnymi
      akcemi, ktere spolu s hudebnim podkresem vytvari prijemnou a
      netradicni atmosferu

      MTIA
      Coilin
    • Gerald Turner
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2006
        FWIW the Slovnik nespisovne cestiny has the following definition:
        ilustracni zabery, ktere obrazove doplnuji mluvene slovo, rozhovor ve
        studiu, vstup z konkretniho mista nebo telefonat.
        I.e. some kind of Illustration as you rightly deduce. Nothing strikes me at
        this particular moment, although looking at some of the contexts on Google
        it could just be musical background.

        Gerry

        --
        Czech-In Translations