Insurance TERM: unit- and index-linked insurance policy/premium

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
      Anyone heard of an accepted Czech term for this (either as a whole or
      separately?)

      Both unit-linked and index-linked insurance are "investicni zivotni
      pojisteni" according to the web, one source calls index-linked "pojisteni
      vazane na akciovy index", but it's alone in this respect.

      What exactly is the difference between the two and/or how to call them in
      Czech? They appear alongside as one item in an insurance company's results.

      Thanks for any help

      Matej
    • vollams
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
        Hi Matej,

        The benefits of a unit-linked policy depend on the performance of units in a
        unit trust (podilovy fond), i.e. a particular portfolio of shares.

        In an index-linked scheme, the benefits depend on the performance of a
        particular index (probably a share index such as the FT-SE 100, but there
        are other possibilities).

        I can't help with the Czech, though.

        Simon

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
          I see, thanks Simon,

          so the whole thing (they always appear together in my doc) could be
          something like

          investicni zivotni pojisteni (podilove fondy a indexy)

          .. unless someone heard of an official Czech term (my Googling hasn't found
          one yet)

          Matej
        • Terminus Technicus
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
            One more thing, though:

            (in an overview of a pojistovna's results):

            "share of premiums from xxx saved"

            xxx is actually (unit- and index-linked life insurance), but I'm
            particularly confused with the "saved" bit, who saved what and how?

            Thanks again

            Matej
          • vollams
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
              Or maybe:

              investicni zivotni pojisteni (_vazane_ na podilove fondy a indexy)

              Just a tentative suggestion.

              S.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
                Right, yeah, I think it sort of works the way I used it (everyone should
                know that's where the money comes from), I was trying to simplify and
                shorten the whole thing, but this is safer..