Re: generacni vypoved

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, trigos@... wrote:

      > Made a Google search of "Rebel without a cause" (in the assumption
      of it
      > being a "generacni vypoved" par excellence) and generation).

      Nice idea.

      > How does voice of a generation or testimony of a generation sound to
      > English ears?
      > Jose*

      'Voice of a generation' is what first came to my mind as what we might
      typically say in that kind of general situation, but then I thought it
      might be too remote from Gerry's specific context. But maybe not.
      Testimony sounds fine to me too.

      M.
      Hey, hey, we're the Monkees,
      Always monkeying around,
      We're the young generation,
      And we've got something to say.
    • Gerald Turner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
        Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Maybe testimony wins in the end.

        Gerry

        --
        Czech-In Translations
        V lesíčku 5