Re: [Czechlist] Re: buying land in CR

  • Hana Viansová
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
      Thanks for that information, Hana:-)
      Hanka

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "hanapownall" <hanapownall@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:04 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] Re: buying land in CR

      > Hi Hana,
      >
      > I come from Prague, but I have been living in UK for a few years
      > now. My husband and I wanted to invest some money in the Czech
      > property and we have bought an apartment in Prague, cottage in the
      > mountains and also bought 5 plots of land in the Czech mountains
      > last year. some of these plots have already a permission to built,
      > the
      > other ones are registered as a 'agricultural land'. we found out
      > that
      > there is no problem to apply for a permission to build on the other
      > plots as there is no reason why the local council should turn our
      > future application down.
      >
      > you have to pay a 'land tax' on any kind of land, you can apply
      > online
      > but you have to make the application to a different council/land
      > register - it depends where your land is.
      >
      > I even purchased a massive plot of land where was a 'burden of
      > government use' because it was dead cheap but before signing I have
      > made some enquiries and found out that the Czech government gave
      > this
      > right up last year and I have this confirmation in writting. I was
      > lucky as nobody really knew about it, so I got my land really cheap
      > and its only 2 km from skiing resort!
      >
      > 2 regards Hana
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
        I would say in general, if one is about to purchase land in the CR,
        they should be careful for possible attached
        entitlements/rights/claims pending/unresolved etc. due to
        confiscations in 1945 and 1948. Some people hire attorneys for this
        purpose to evaluate things.

        K.

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "hanapownall" <hanapownall@...>