Re: buying land in CR

  • hanapownall
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hi Hana,

      I come from Prague, but I have been living in UK for a few years
      now. My husband and I wanted to invest some money in the Czech
      property and we have bought an apartment in Prague, cottage in the
      mountains and also bought 5 plots of land in the Czech mountains
      last year. some of these plots have already a permission to built,
      the
      other ones are registered as a 'agricultural land'. we found out
      that
      there is no problem to apply for a permission to build on the other
      plots as there is no reason why the local council should turn our
      future application down.

      you have to pay a 'land tax' on any kind of land, you can apply
      online
      but you have to make the application to a different council/land
      register - it depends where your land is.

      I even purchased a massive plot of land where was a 'burden of
      government use' because it was dead cheap but before signing I have
      made some enquiries and found out that the Czech government gave
      this
      right up last year and I have this confirmation in writting. I was
      lucky as nobody really knew about it, so I got my land really cheap
      and its only 2 km from skiing resort!

      2 regards Hana
    • Hana Viansová
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
        Thanks for that information, Hana:-)
        Hanka

        > I come from Prague, but I have been living in UK for a few years
        > now. My husband and I wanted to invest some money in the Czech
        > property and we have bought an apartment in Prague, cottage in the
        > mountains and also bought 5 plots of land in the Czech mountains
        > last year. some of these plots have already a permission to built,
        > the
        > other ones are registered as a 'agricultural land'. we found out
        > that
        > there is no problem to apply for a permission to build on the other
        > plots as there is no reason why the local council should turn our
        > future application down.
        >
        > you have to pay a 'land tax' on any kind of land, you can apply
        > online
        > but you have to make the application to a different council/land
        > register - it depends where your land is.
        >
        > I even purchased a massive plot of land where was a 'burden of
        > government use' because it was dead cheap but before signing I have
        > made some enquiries and found out that the Czech government gave
        > this
        > right up last year and I have this confirmation in writting. I was
        > lucky as nobody really knew about it, so I got my land really cheap
        > and its only 2 km from skiing resort!
        >
        > 2 regards Hana
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • kzgafas
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
          I would say in general, if one is about to purchase land in the CR,
          they should be careful for possible attached
          entitlements/rights/claims pending/unresolved etc. due to
          confiscations in 1945 and 1948. Some people hire attorneys for this
          purpose to evaluate things.

          K.

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "hanapownall" <hanapownall@...>