RE: [Czechlist] Calling all techies pruchodove and other terms

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 1:38 PM
      Hi again,

      I didn't think "ot. box" was an issue, but I feel I should respond to
      Matej's suggestion of "otryskavaci": the website I referred to in my

    • coilinoc
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 3:34 PM
        Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
        much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
        What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
        suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
        plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
        Coilin

        > Ho Coilin,
        >
        > Seems like you're doing a job for/about
        > http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.
        >
        > > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
        > stand/rig"?
        >
        > Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used
        a good
        > deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific
        purpose
        > 'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by
        robots in
        > booths.
        >
        > > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead
        travelling
        > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?
        >
        > Ditto.
        >
        > > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
        > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
        > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?
        >
        > I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike
        by "pruchodove
        > cisteni".
        >
        > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
        > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
        > perhaps a "water air purifier"?
        >
        > Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough
        web search
        > results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on
        anything
        > convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
        > industrial context...
        >
        > Jirka Bolech

      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 4:02 PM
          > Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
          > much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
          > What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
          > suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
          > plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
          > Coilin

          Going by my suggestion (which I don't claim to be authoritative in any way),
          it would be something along the lines of "high pressure water pass-through
          cleaning/blasting/paint stripping", but I would recommend to Google around
          for the standard term..