RE: [Czechlist] Calling all techies pruchodove and other terms

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2006
      Ho Coilin,

      Seems like you're doing a job for/about
      http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.

      > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
      stand/rig"?

      Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used a good
      deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific purpose
      'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by robots in
      booths.

      > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
      crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

      Ditto.

      > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
      tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
      stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

      I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike by "pruchodove
      cisteni".

      pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
      vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
      perhaps a "water air purifier"?

      Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough web search
      results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on anything
      convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
      industrial context...

      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2006
        Hi again,

        I didn't think "ot. box" was an issue, but I feel I should respond to
        Matej's suggestion of "otryskavaci": the website I referred to in my

      • coilinoc
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2006
          Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
          much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
          What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
          suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
          plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
          Coilin

          > Ho Coilin,
          >
          > Seems like you're doing a job for/about
          > http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.
          >
          > > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
          > stand/rig"?
          >
          > Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used
          a good
          > deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific
          purpose
          > 'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by
          robots in
          > booths.
          >
          > > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead
          travelling
          > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?
          >
          > Ditto.
          >
          > > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
          > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
          > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?
          >
          > I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike
          by "pruchodove
          > cisteni".
          >
          > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
          > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
          > perhaps a "water air purifier"?
          >
          > Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough
          web search
          > results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on
          anything
          > convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
          > industrial context...
          >
          > Jirka Bolech

        • Terminus Technicus
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2006
            > Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
            > much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
            > What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
            > suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
            > plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
            > Coilin

            Going by my suggestion (which I don't claim to be authoritative in any way),
            it would be something along the lines of "high pressure water pass-through
            cleaning/blasting/paint stripping", but I would recommend to Google around
            for the standard term..