Re: [Czechlist] Calling all techies pruchodove and other terms

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2006
      > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
      > stand/rig"?
      Sounds good

      > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
      > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

      OK

      > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
      > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
      > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

      The only thing I can come up with is that the cisteni is pruchodove, meaning
      that whatever is being cleaned is passed through the water blasting box
      rather than being still and the jets moving around it.. ot. box will most
      probably be "otryskavaci box"

      I'm using the word blasting because that's what it's called when sand
      (sandblasting) or other media (glass or plastic beads - media blasting) are
      used - this is the "traditional" paint stripping process, but very messy,
      environmentally un-friendly and sometimes damaging to the material being
      cleaned. High pressure water is now being used to the same effect, but
      obviously the material then rusts and paint systems which bond to rust must
      be used.. not sure if blasting is the right word to use here..

      > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
      > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
      > perhaps a "water air purifier"?

      the latter sounds better, water air filter/screentreatment might be of
      interest too, I'm sure Google will help..

      Matej
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2006
        Ho Coilin,

        Seems like you're doing a job for/about
        http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.

        > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
        stand/rig"?

        Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used a good
        deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific purpose
        'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by robots in
        booths.

        > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
        crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

        Ditto.

        > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
        tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
        stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

        I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike by "pruchodove
        cisteni".

        pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
        vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
        perhaps a "water air purifier"?

        Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough web search
        results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on anything
        convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
        industrial context...

        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2006
          Hi again,

          I didn't think "ot. box" was an issue, but I feel I should respond to
          Matej's suggestion of "otryskavaci": the website I referred to in my

        • coilinoc
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2006
            Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
            much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
            What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
            suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
            plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
            Coilin

            > Ho Coilin,
            >
            > Seems like you're doing a job for/about
            > http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.
            >
            > > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
            > stand/rig"?
            >
            > Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used
            a good
            > deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific
            purpose
            > 'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by
            robots in
            > booths.
            >
            > > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead
            travelling
            > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?
            >
            > Ditto.
            >
            > > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
            > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
            > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?
            >
            > I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike
            by "pruchodove
            > cisteni".
            >
            > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
            > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
            > perhaps a "water air purifier"?
            >
            > Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough
            web search
            > results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on
            anything
            > convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
            > industrial context...
            >
            > Jirka Bolech

          • Terminus Technicus
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2006
              > Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
              > much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
              > What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
              > suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
              > plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
              > Coilin

              Going by my suggestion (which I don't claim to be authoritative in any way),
              it would be something along the lines of "high pressure water pass-through
              cleaning/blasting/paint stripping", but I would recommend to Google around
              for the standard term..