Calling all techies pruchodove and other terms

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2006
      Hi there,
      Are there any Czech technical whizzes out there who could cast their
      eyes over the following terms relating to paint stripping technology?

      ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
      stand/rig"?

      V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
      crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

      Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
      tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
      stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

      pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
      vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
      perhaps a "water air purifier"?

      MTIA for any advice

      Coilin
    • Terminus Technicus
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2006
        > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
        > stand/rig"?
        Sounds good

        > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
        > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

        OK

        > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
        > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
        > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

        The only thing I can come up with is that the cisteni is pruchodove, meaning
        that whatever is being cleaned is passed through the water blasting box
        rather than being still and the jets moving around it.. ot. box will most
        probably be "otryskavaci box"

        I'm using the word blasting because that's what it's called when sand
        (sandblasting) or other media (glass or plastic beads - media blasting) are
        used - this is the "traditional" paint stripping process, but very messy,
        environmentally un-friendly and sometimes damaging to the material being
        cleaned. High pressure water is now being used to the same effect, but
        obviously the material then rusts and paint systems which bond to rust must
        be used.. not sure if blasting is the right word to use here..

        > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
        > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
        > perhaps a "water air purifier"?

        the latter sounds better, water air filter/screentreatment might be of
        interest too, I'm sure Google will help..

        Matej
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2006
          Ho Coilin,

          Seems like you're doing a job for/about
          http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.

          > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
          stand/rig"?

          Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used a good
          deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific purpose
          'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by robots in
          booths.

          > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead travelling
          crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?

          Ditto.

          > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
          tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
          stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?

          I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike by "pruchodove
          cisteni".

          pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
          vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
          perhaps a "water air purifier"?

          Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough web search
          results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on anything
          convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
          industrial context...

          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2006
            Hi again,

            I didn't think "ot. box" was an issue, but I feel I should respond to
            Matej's suggestion of "otryskavaci": the website I referred to in my

          • coilinoc
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2006
              Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
              much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
              What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
              suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
              plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
              Coilin

              > Ho Coilin,
              >
              > Seems like you're doing a job for/about
              > http://www.abl-technic.cz/cz/offer.html.
              >
              > > ocisteni lakovacich zavesu - is a "lakovaci zaves" a "painting
              > stand/rig"?
              >
              > Your suggestion sounds right to me and I see on the Web it's used
              a good
              > deal too. A client of mine calls such ones for their specific
              purpose
              > 'skids'. They're for painting relatively large plastic parts by
              robots in
              > booths.
              >
              > > V technologii je umisten pojezdovy jerab - is "overhead
              travelling
              > crane" ok as a translation of "pojezdovy jerab"?
              >
              > Ditto.
              >
              > > Cisteni vysokym tlakem vody (vysokotlake pruchodove/ot.box s
              > tryskou/mobilni, robot.rizene) - I have to admit I'm a totally
              > stumped by the word "pruchodove" here...?
              >
              > I think they simply mean cleaning of pipes and suchlike
              by "pruchodove
              > cisteni".
              >
              > pary z technologickych linek prochazejici pres vodni cisticku
              > vzduchu - is a "vodni cisticka vzduchu" a "water air clarifier" or
              > perhaps a "water air purifier"?
              >
              > Neither one of your above suggestions produces convincing enough
              web search
              > results; the latter one seems a bit better. I can't lay my hand on
              anything
              > convincing anyhow. I have a feeling 'air washer' works better in an
              > industrial context...
              >
              > Jirka Bolech

            • Terminus Technicus
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2006
                > Yes that's pretty much the text I've got to translate. It's not
                > much help though apart from the "ot. box" clarification.
                > What exactly is "pruchodove cisteni?" Going by Matej's
                > suggestion "(high-pressure) jet-spray cleaning" would seem
                > plausible. How does that sound to you guys?
                > Coilin

                Going by my suggestion (which I don't claim to be authoritative in any way),
                it would be something along the lines of "high pressure water pass-through
                cleaning/blasting/paint stripping", but I would recommend to Google around
                for the standard term..