Re: THANKS Re: [Czechlist] HELP - TERM: PC ink, PM ink

  • Jarda
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      Many thanks to you all!!!
      Best regards,
      Jarda

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Stanislav Kneifl" <stanislav@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] HELP - TERM: PC ink, PM ink

      > Probably Photographic Cyan and Photographic Magenta - lighter versions
      > used in six-colour process printing.
      >
      > Stanislav Kneifl.
      >
      > James Kirchner wrote:
      >> Are these so-called "process colors"?
      >>
      >> Jamie
      >>
      >> On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:32 AM, Jarda wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hello,
      >>> does anybody happen to know what the two abbreviations above could
      >>> mean in the context of a professional printer? I have a suspicion
      >>> that the C stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P
      >>> in front of them?
      >>> TIA
      >>> Jarda

      >>> Czechlist resources:
      >>> http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation

      >>> Hotel prague czech republic Travel to czech republic Czech republic
      >>> accommodation
      >>> Czech republic hotel Czech republic Prague czech republic
      >>> accommodation
      >>>
      >>> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >>>
      >>> Visit your group "Czechlist" on the web.

      >>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      >> Czechlist resources:
      >> http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation
      >>

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>

      > Czechlist resources:

    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
        Hi Jarda,

        I think this could be a designation of pigment-based colors as opposed
        to dye-based colors. (Some printers can even use a combination of these
        and so it might be important to note). "Pigment cyan", for example,
        gets tons of hits on Google.

        A good indication could be if the other colors listed for the printer
        are preceded by a "D".

        Tom

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
          Hi, Tom!
          There are six inks (four standard C, M, Y, K) and the two others: PM and PC.
          I am going to follow Standa's advice, after all, he's the one who is going
          to proof-read this job, but thanks for broadening my horizons.
          Regards,
          Jarda
          > I think this could be a designation of pigment-based colors as opposed
          > to dye-based colors. (Some printers can even use a combination of these
          > and so it might be important to note). "Pigment cyan", for example,
          > gets tons of hits on Google.
          >
          > A good indication could be if the other colors listed for the printer
          > are preceded by a "D".
          >
          > Tom

          > could
          >

          > Czechlist resources:

        • Terminus Technicus
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
            CMYK are the standard hues used to blend any colour in a better ink printer
            (simpler ones make do with RGB, red, green, blue), but for photos, some of
            the component colours (or all of them, ideally), should be different to
            obtain realistic darks, highlights, contrasts, etc.

            Lots of printer manufacturers are trying to say that their printer can do
            anything, it can to an untrained eye and for standard applications, but
            dedicated photo printers must be used for professional printing.. the
            technology's changing and evolving, and each manufacturer has its own
            approach and its own buzzwords to go with it..