Re: [Czechlist] HELP - TERM: PC ink, PM ink

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
      stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of them?

      PHOTO Cyan and PHOTO Magenta ink, plus PY and PK, to complete the whole
      range, at least over at Canon, see:

      http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-
      21,GGLG:en&q=%22PC+ink%22+%22PM+ink%22

    • Zdenek Mikan
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        To je dost jednoduchy - P znamena Photo. (Pouzivaji to tiskarny Canon).

        Zdenek

        >Hello,
        >does anybody happen to know what the two abbreviations above could mean in the context of a professional printer? I have a suspicion that the C stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of them?
        >TIA
        >Jarda

        >Czechlist resources:
        >http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jarda
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          Díky, Mateji!
          Jarda

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
            Are these so-called "process colors"?

            Jamie

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
              On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:38 AM, Terminus Technicus wrote:

              > stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of
              > them?

              If this is a paper-and-ink printing company, then I think these are
              "process cyan" and "process magenta". Look them up on Google.
              You'll find lots of examples. If you type in "define: process
              color", you'll get explanations.

            • Stanislav Kneifl
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
                Probably Photographic Cyan and Photographic Magenta - lighter versions
                used in six-colour process printing.

                Stanislav Kneifl.