HELP - TERM: PC ink, PM ink

  • Jarda
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hello,
      does anybody happen to know what the two abbreviations above could mean in the context of a professional printer? I have a suspicion that the C stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of them?
      TIA
      Jarda

    • Terminus Technicus
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of them?

        PHOTO Cyan and PHOTO Magenta ink, plus PY and PK, to complete the whole
        range, at least over at Canon, see:

        http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-
        21,GGLG:en&q=%22PC+ink%22+%22PM+ink%22

      • Zdenek Mikan
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          To je dost jednoduchy - P znamena Photo. (Pouzivaji to tiskarny Canon).

          Zdenek

          >Hello,
          >does anybody happen to know what the two abbreviations above could mean in the context of a professional printer? I have a suspicion that the C stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of them?
          >TIA
          >Jarda

          >Czechlist resources:
          >http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jarda
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
            Díky, Mateji!
            Jarda

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
              Are these so-called "process colors"?

              Jamie

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
                On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:38 AM, Terminus Technicus wrote:

                > stands for Cyan and M for Magenta but what about the P in front of
                > them?

                If this is a paper-and-ink printing company, then I think these are
                "process cyan" and "process magenta". Look them up on Google.
                You'll find lots of examples. If you type in "define: process
                color", you'll get explanations.

              • Stanislav Kneifl
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Probably Photographic Cyan and Photographic Magenta - lighter versions
                  used in six-colour process printing.

                  Stanislav Kneifl.