Re: [Czechlist] Re: List o prohlidce mrtveho a Pruvodni list ke klinicke pitve dospelych

  • Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      List o prohlidce mrtveho does not have anything to do with "post-mortem
      examination" which I think is a synonym to "autopsy" (pitva). "prohlidka
      mrtveho" means the doctor has to confirm that the patient is dead (no
      pulse.... etc.).
      I think I might use "Adult Clinical Post-Mortem Examination Voucher" for the
      other term.
      Thanks
      Iveta

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
        I'd be careful with "clinical" here, if I were you, best to leave it out,
        and I'd be extremely careful of "voucher" - that sounds like it's something
        you give to your ageing aunt so that she gets a free post mortem when she
        finally dies :(

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
          What's wrong with "clinical" here? I have seen it on various U.K. websites
          related to post-mortems.
          As for "voucher", I am not sure. The only thing I am sure about is that I
          cannot call it "report". My document is something like "zadanka" but not
          exactly. The examining doctors request a post-mortem and so I also play with
          "post-mortem examination request" but not really sure either (For me, a
          request is something that is usually either approved or rejected. And I am
          not really sure whether they need somebody to approve it. I think it's like
          if you have "poukaz na vysetreni". They just send you there.) Could any
          native speaker help? I need to send it back soon.
          And what do you think about "Death Examination Chart". Does that sound OK?
          This was used in a sample translation but I found several mistakes in that
          sample translation so I do not really trust it.

          Thanks for any help.
          Iveta

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
            On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:50 AM, Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis wrote:

            > prekladam vyse uvedene dva dokumenty a zajimalo by me, jestli nekdo
            > nevi ekvivalent v anglictine. K "Listu o prohlidce mrtveho" jsem
            > dostala vzorovy preklad, kde je pouzito "Death Examination Chart".

            I think you want Death Report here. I don't like "Death Examination
            Chart". You get no hits for that phrase on Google.

            > Tenhle papir se vyplni, kdyz nekdo v nemocnici zemre, tak prijdou
            > dva MUDr., zkontroluji, jestli mrtvy opravdu mrtvy a sepisou tento
            > list (obsahuje inicialy + pricinu smrti a pripadny navrh na
            > klinickou pitvu). V mem pripade navrhuji pitvu, takze pak vyplnuji
            > "Pruvodni list ke klinicke pitve dospelych" (ten zase obsahuje
            > inicialy zemreleho, bezprostredni pricinu smrti + strucny nastin
            > prubehu choroby).

            Autopsy Report

            I can't seem to find any indication that we have different categories
            of autopsy reports for children and adults, but I don't think there
            would be anything wrong with writing "Juvenile Autopsy Report" and
            "Adult Autopsy Report".

            Jamie
          • Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
              Autopsy report is something that comes after the autopsy not before when
              autopsy is proposed/requested by the doctor to be performed, I guess.
              But I'll probably go with "Death Report" for the first one.

              Thank you all for your help.
              Iveta

              > On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:50 AM, Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis wrote:
              >
              >> prekladam vyse uvedene dva dokumenty a zajimalo by me, jestli nekdo
              >> nevi ekvivalent v anglictine. K "Listu o prohlidce mrtveho" jsem
              >> dostala vzorovy preklad, kde je pouzito "Death Examination Chart".
              >
              > I think you want Death Report here. I don't like "Death Examination
              > Chart". You get no hits for that phrase on Google.
              >
              >> Tenhle papir se vyplni, kdyz nekdo v nemocnici zemre, tak prijdou
              >> dva MUDr., zkontroluji, jestli mrtvy opravdu mrtvy a sepisou tento
              >> list (obsahuje inicialy + pricinu smrti a pripadny navrh na
              >> klinickou pitvu). V mem pripade navrhuji pitvu, takze pak vyplnuji
              >> "Pruvodni list ke klinicke pitve dospelych" (ten zase obsahuje
              >> inicialy zemreleho, bezprostredni pricinu smrti + strucny nastin
              >> prubehu choroby).
              >
              > Autopsy Report
              >
              > I can't seem to find any indication that we have different categories
              > of autopsy reports for children and adults, but I don't think there
              > would be anything wrong with writing "Juvenile Autopsy Report" and
              > "Adult Autopsy Report".
              >
              > Jamie
              >

              > Czechlist resources:

            • grabanrad
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
                "External post-mortem examination report" and "Information sheet on
                post-mortem examination".
                Ragards
                Rad

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis"
                <preklady@...> wrote:

                > Dobry den,
                > prekladam vyse uvedene dva dokumenty a zajimalo by me, jestli nekdo
                nevi ekvivalent v anglictine. K "Listu o prohlidce mrtveho" jsem
                dostala vzorovy preklad, kde je pouzito "Death Examination Chart".
                Tenhle papir se vyplni, kdyz nekdo v nemocnici zemre, tak prijdou dva
                MUDr., zkontroluji, jestli mrtvy opravdu mrtvy a sepisou tento list
                (obsahuje inicialy + pricinu smrti a pripadny navrh na klinickou
                pitvu). V mem pripade navrhuji pitvu, takze pak vyplnuji "Pruvodni
                list ke klinicke pitve dospelych" (ten zase obsahuje inicialy
                zemreleho, bezprostredni pricinu smrti + strucny nastin prubehu choroby).
                > Nema nekdo zkusenosti nebo nevi NS, jestli existuji nejake obdobne
                dokumenty v anglictine?

                > Predem dekuji.
                > Iveta

              • grabanrad
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Here in the UK, we have external post-mortem, internal post-mortem and
                  full post-mortem (which includes both). The first one is carried out
                  automaticaly and the second one only with permission of relatives or
                  by the order of authorities.
                  R.