Re: Help: bez dalsiho

  • iseykora
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
      a few contextual solutions:

      Komise nemohla bez dalsího usoudit … - the Commission could not
      automatically consider …

      Je namíste bez dalsího prezkoumat … - … must be examined first of
      all …

      …aby se na takové opatrení nevztahovala bez dalsího kvalifikace
      podpory ve smyslu clánku…- to exclude the measure at issue outright
      from classification as aid within the meaning of Article…

      …musejí být bez dalsího odmítnuty jako neprípustné. - must be
      rejected as inadmissible

      Je namíste bez dalsího konstatovat, ze … - It must be held at the
      outset that …

      Igor

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@y...> wrote:

      > Hi there has anyone out there any ideas regarding a general
      English
      > equivalent for the expression "bez dalsiho." I'm racking my
      brains to
      > come up with a non-specific noun after "dalsiho"....
      > Many thanks for any suggestions
      > Coilin

    • coilinoc
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
        > a few contextual solutions:
        Thank you Igor for those (and to everyone else who chipped in). They
        were very helpful
        > …musejí být bez dalsího odmítnuty jako neprípustné. - must be
        > rejected as inadmissible

        I see from some of your examples that this expression is often a
        superfluity. Am I right in assuming it's frequently something used
        purely for emphasis?

        Thanks again
        Coilin