Re: Smlouva o smlouve budoucí vs. Letter of Intent

  • Vitezslav Ruzicka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
      Hi,
      as there does not seem to be any resolution or general consent
      reached
      on the Czechlist, concerning the LoI issue, allow me to present my
      bit.
      If I am right, the concept of "smlouva o smlouve budouci" did
      not exist
      in the Czech law before '89. When it appeared afterwards, I thought
      it
      was taken over directly from English (LoI). I am not aware how
      it
      (co-)exist in German, any comments from Helga?
      Again, if I am right, the LoI in English may or may not introduce
      binding, contractual, obligations, the letter being the case more
      often.
      The SoSB in Czech is defined in Czech Commercial Code, covering more
      or
      less the same.
      The concepts' proximity lending for the term translation (LoI - SoSB)
      seems straightforward.
      "Dohoda o prac. cinn.", atd., falls more into the rank
      of "Agreements",
      even "Contracts". The push for using the word "zamer" really
      indicates
      a tendency for a word-to-word translation.
      For whatever it's worth
      Cheers
      Vit
    • ing.Sárka Rubková
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
        Nemas pravdu, Vite, smlouva o smlouve budouci existovala i pred rokem 89.
        Ale jinak s tebou souhlasim

        Sarka