Re: Help: upstream merger

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@y...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      > I have a Czech friend who was wondering if there is an apposite
      Czech term for "upsteam merger". Are there any Czech NSers out there
      who have had to translate this term into Czech and, if so, what did
      you come up with?

      > BTW, an upstream merger simply refers to a merger between a smaller
      company and a larger company, as a result of which the smaller company
      is more or less subsumed by the larger one (see
      http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/old/11287200.htm)

      Could this approximately boil down to 'akvizice', at least in texts
      for the layperson?

      Fuze je formou premeny spolecnosti. Jina situace nastava v pripade
      akvizice, kdy zpravidla vetsi firma koupi a pohlti mensi firmu. ...
      www.ceed.cz/podnikani/testy/222_test.htm

      An upstream merger is really an acquisition of a smaller firm by a
      larger one.
      www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/old/11287200.htm

      M.
      Please give me some good advice in your next letter. I promise not to
      follow it.
      - Edna St. Vincent Millay