Re: [Czechlist] HELP - TERM: wedgies

  • Valerie Talacko
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
      Jarda,

      It's got nothing to do with shoes...for a full explanation, see here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wedgie.
      I have no idea whether you'll be able to find a corresponding Czech expression....

      Valerie

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
          It means walking up behind someone, grabbing the edge of his
          underpants, and giving them a quick pull upward. This creates a very
          uncomfortable feeling in the other guy's crotch. In my school we
          called it a "Chinese laundry", and I have even heard it called a
          "beverly".

          Jamie

          On Dec 4, 2005, at 9:07 AM, Jarda wrote:

          > Hello, everbody!
          > I am translating another article for Playboy (an interview with
          > Kate Beckinsale) and I need your help with the above term. The
          > context is:
          > "I grew up with four brothers and fart jokes and wedgies, so that's
          > what I find funny."
          > Does the word "wedgy" mean anything else than "boty na klinovem
          > podpatku"? Or are there any jokes connected with them? TIA.
          > With best regards,
          > Jarda

          > Czechlist resources:
          >
          > Google guide:
          > http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html

          > Hotel prague czech republic Travel to czech republic Czech republic
          > accommodation
          > Czech republic hotel Czech republic Prague czech republic
          > accommodation
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "Czechlist" on the web.

        • Jarda
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
            Hello, Valerie!
            Thanks very much for the link, it is really very helpful. I think I will try
            to "opsat" the meaning a bit instead of trying to find an exact (most
            probably non-existent) equivalent.
            Have a nice rest of Sunday.
            Jarda

            > It's got nothing to do with shoes...for a full explanation, see here:
            > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wedgie.
            > I have no idea whether you'll be able to find a corresponding Czech
            > expression....
            >
            > Valerie

          • Ota Flegr
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
              Tohle delala Maska ve filmu Maska. Kdybych to mermomoci
              chtel prelozit, tak me napada treba "udelat nekomu tanga" :-)

              Ota

              Ota Flegr
              otaflegr@...
              http://www.otaflegr.com
              +420 603 576 312
              ICQ: 242312653
              JABBER: otaflegr at njs.netlab.cz
              SKYPE: otaflegr
              Adresa: 5. května 300, 551 02 Jaroměř-Josefov
              IČO: 662 75 466, DIĆ: 7208152413
              Výpis z živnostenského rejstříku: http://tinyurl.com/b7wcj
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
                Ja bych naopak obetoval presnost prekladu a zkusil najit ekvivalentni
                pubertalni zertik, znamy i u nas. Treba "stahovat gate". Tady jde o
                ilustraci mentalniho fungovani daneho pana, ne technicky popis vtipku.

                Martin