Re: [Czechlist] Help: hotel/menu items

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi there

      I'm doing a hotel website at the moment, and I was wondering what
      NSers make of the follwing:

      imobilni pokoj - room with wheelchair access?

      very likely, also with special toilet room / bathroom etc.

      manzelske luzko - I presume this is just an ordinary double bed

      OK

      Pestra nabidka kavy Alfredo a ruzných druhu cokolad - does this refer
      to various types of hot chocolate/chocolate drinks/chocolate?

      I believe Alfredo is a brand

      Bohata nabidka studene kuchyne, polotovaru, tocenych napoju (pivo,
      nealko), zakusku, ale i hotovych jidel, ktera pro Vas pripravuje
      hotelova kuchyne. - any idea what the difference is between polotvary
      and hotova jidla here? oven-ready foods/ready-meals?

      unusual in a hotel menu, but some restaurants offer a sort of take-away, you
      don't have to eat it there. Or maybe guests can heat the food in their room,
      in a microwave?

      Predrezervace pokoje cislo - this is a heading for booking services.
      Do they mean Predrezervace cisla pokoje?

      I guess so

      Also they have the following privacy disclaimer:

      Vytvorenim registrace souhlasite se zasilanim informaci tohoto systemu
      do databaze hotelu XXXX, v souladu se zakonem c. 480/2004 Sb., o
      nekterych sluzbach informacni spolecnosti. Zaroven *souhlasim* s tim,
      aby hotel CENTRAL zpracoval Vami poskytnuta data k marketingovym
      ucelum.

      I presume the word in asterisks should be souhlasite? Also what is
      an "informacni spolecnost" an informatinon cpmpany? (society?)

      I believe the latter word fits here, the IT act is aimed at general public,
      AFAIK.

      HTH
      Petr

      Czechlist resources:

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Petr Veselý
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005

        > Pestra nabidka kavy Alfredo a ruzných druhu cokolad - does this refer
        > to various types of hot chocolate/chocolate drinks/chocolate?
        >

        > I believe Alfredo is a brand

        hot chocolate, yes.

        Petr
      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
          imobilni pokoj - room with wheelchair access?
          it's not just access and not just wheelchair (movement impaired), there's a
          special bathroom for wheelchair people, plus some features for deaf/blind,
          etc., for example fire alarm siren will signal fire by flashing light in the
          room, etc.... I believe there's some all-encompassing PC term for this type
          of room (there's usually at least one on every floor of a hotel), but can't
          remember it off the top of my head...

          manzelske luzko - I presume this is just an ordinary double bed would be
          what's called queen size in US, but double as a general term is OK

          Pestra nabidka kavy Alfredo a ruzných druhu cokolad - does this refer
          to various types of hot chocolate/chocolate drinks/chocolate?

          The hotel also offers the sport "ricochet". Is this simply squash or
          is it something else? (can't find any decent English hits for ricochet
          and sport - just German ones)

          Different court, different rules, different rackets and balls, the word is
          french, but used in Eng, try different spelling, I think ther's an accent
          somewhere in there

          Predrezervace pokoje cislo - this is a heading for booking services.
          Do they mean Predrezervace cisla pokoje?

          Also they have the following privacy disclaimer:

          Vytvorenim registrace souhlasite se zasilanim informaci tohoto systemu
          do databaze hotelu XXXX, v souladu se zakonem c. 480/2004 Sb., o
          nekterych sluzbach informacni spolecnosti. Zaroven *souhlasim* s tim,
          aby hotel CENTRAL zpracoval Vami poskytnuta data k marketingovym
          ucelum.

          I presume the word in asterisks should be souhlasite? Also what is
          an "informacni spolecnost" an informatinon cpmpany? (society?)

          - the spolecnost in the name of the Act refers to the use of IT in everyday
          life, informacni spolecnost being an euphemism for bigh bother (as in
          Orwell, not TV Nova), literally society, but would sound weird if translated
          this way, best to look up an established translation of the name of the Act
          in question (alth' that may indeed be horrible Czenglish)

          Matej

          Czechlist resources:

          Yahoo! Groups Links