Glossaries and dictionaries

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Beata Rodlingova"
      there is a great dictionary of geology

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "martina.silpoch@s..."
      <martina.silpoch@s...> wrote:

      > This dictionary looks fantastic and solved all my problems...

      I wonder if this is a reincarnation of the old geology dictionary at
      http://geotech.fce.vutbr.cz, which disappeared a while ago. Anyway I
      have added it to the resources page, together with a very handy
      golfing glossary that I recently found at
      http://www.golf.ccb.cz/index.php?sec=slovnik.
      You NEVER know when you may thank me for this.

      Any more glossaries out there?

      Modesty (pudeur) is always the sign and safeguard of a mystery. It is
      explained by its contrary--profanation. Shyness or modesty is, in
      truth, the half-conscious sense of a secret of nature or of the soul
      too intimately individual to be given or surrendered. It is exchanged.
      To surrender what is most profound and mysterious in one's being and
      personality at any price less than that of absolute reciprocity is
      profanation.
      - Henri Frederic Amiel