Re: [Czechlist] Help: chalupareni

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Coilin,

      pls explain what impression it could be.

      Chalupareni is something more active than mere visiting, it is also
      constructing, maintenance, gardening, using and living there of course.
      The same is chatareni, only the object differs. Chalupa is rather old
      village house, chata is usually newer, with simpler construction (but not
      always!).

      Honza

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
        Thanks Honza.
        So how about "visiting and doing up my country cottage"?

        > pls explain what impression it could be.
        >> > Somehow I reckon "cottaging" might give the wrong impression :-
        ))))

        Seeing as you ask, "cottaging" is used as a slang expression for
        homosexual intercourse (usually oral) in the cublicles of men's
        toilets...(at least in BE) :-)

        Coilin
      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
          I like your solution. It is probably not completely exhausting but
          sufficient, I´d say.

          Re "cottaging" - interesting. I have never met this. Maybe if I knew BE
          slang, or homosexual intercoursing. Both of them are a bit distant to me.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Culka" <culka@m...> wrote:

            > I like your solution. It is probably not completely exhausting

            ...exhaustive...

            > but sufficient, I´d say.

            Quite. Or maybe 'holiday homemaking' or 'cottage homemaking' would
            work in some contexts...?

            > > Seeing as you ask, "cottaging" is used as a slang expression for
            > > homosexual intercourse (usually oral) in the cublicles of men's
            > > toilets...(at least in BE) :-)

            There's a wikipedia entry for everything these days...

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging

            You desire to know the art of living, my friend? It is contained in
            one phrase: make use of suffering.
            - Henri Frederic Amiel