Re: [Czechlist] Re: THANKS high level

  • Hana Viansová
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      Thanks a lot, Martin and Tomas,
      Hanka

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "tomas_barendregt" <barendregt@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:59 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] Re: TERM high level

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Hana Viansová <bebeebeee@s...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > A student asked me to explain the meaning of "high level" in the
      following context (the fragments come from two different e-mail
      messages). I have no idea, could you help?

      High-level is the opposite of "detailed". For example, high-level
      overviews would just give a few main ideas about a subject and can be
      later followed up by detailed information. High-level plans just
      outline the actions and leave the details to be worked out later
      (second half of 2006 vs. September 25, 2006).

      Interestingly enough, I first thought that "high-level summary" (from
      one of the examples) is actually a redundant expression because
      summaries are high-level by definition. But searching for "detailed
      summary" on Google gives over 800.000 results...

      Tom

      Czechlist resources:

      Yahoo! Groups Links