Re: TERM high level

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Hana Viansová <bebeebeee@s...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > A student asked me to explain the meaning of "high level" in the
      following context (the fragments come from two different e-mail
      messages). I have no idea, could you help?

      High-level is the opposite of "detailed". For example, high-level
      overviews would just give a few main ideas about a subject and can be
      later followed up by detailed information. High-level plans just
      outline the actions and leave the details to be worked out later
      (second half of 2006 vs. September 25, 2006).

      Interestingly enough, I first thought that "high-level summary" (from
      one of the examples) is actually a redundant expression because
      summaries are high-level by definition. But searching for "detailed
      summary" on Google gives over 800.000 results...

      Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
        To prvni je urcite strucny, maximalne povrchni. to druhe muze zalezet na
        kontextu, ale vyznam muze byt stejny.

        I missed the gathering too - and will miss all gatherings held
        Wednesdays. Any chance for a different day, at least sometimes?
        Martin