TERM high level

  • Hana Viansová
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi all,

      A student asked me to explain the meaning of "high level" in the following context (the fragments come from two different e-mail messages). I have no idea, could you help?

      1. The following note outlines the structure of the proposed XXX Property Fund and summarises the key tax issues in respect of the fund. This note is a high level summary only. It is based on the detailed XXX tax structure report dated 10 February 2005 and the XXX tax structuring analysis paper dated 14 April 2005 prepared in connection with the potential acquisition of the XX portfolio.

      2. We have discussed your initial response with XXX and we have some additional questions, which we would like high level responses to.

      Thanks a lot

      Hanka

      PS Sorry I missed the gathering again, hope to see you next time.

    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Hana Viansová <bebeebeee@s...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > A student asked me to explain the meaning of "high level" in the
        following context (the fragments come from two different e-mail
        messages). I have no idea, could you help?

        High-level is the opposite of "detailed". For example, high-level
        overviews would just give a few main ideas about a subject and can be
        later followed up by detailed information. High-level plans just
        outline the actions and leave the details to be worked out later
        (second half of 2006 vs. September 25, 2006).

        Interestingly enough, I first thought that "high-level summary" (from
        one of the examples) is actually a redundant expression because
        summaries are high-level by definition. But searching for "detailed
        summary" on Google gives over 800.000 results...

        Tom
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
          To prvni je urcite strucny, maximalne povrchni. to druhe muze zalezet na
          kontextu, ale vyznam muze byt stejny.

          I missed the gathering too - and will miss all gatherings held
          Wednesdays. Any chance for a different day, at least sometimes?
          Martin