funds

  • Zuzana Kočičková
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello,
      muze mi nekdo pomoci s terminy z oblasti investicnich fondu- portfolia...? Nejak se mi nedostava cestiny a casu moc nemam:-)

      share price upside potential

      market recognition of valuation inefficiences may take months, well beyond *quarter-to-quarter focus* (tyka se ctvrtleti?)

      drives of perfomance - to co ma vliv na vykonnost?

      valuation stock selection criteria

      bottom up selection

      Diky moc
      Zuzana

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
        Pour encourager les autres:

        > share price upside potential

        I was just discussing this one in a little impromptu online lesson I
        was having... I suggested 'potencialni zvyseni hodnoty akcii' and my
        Czech interlocutor said that sounded OK...

        > market recognition of valuation inefficiences may take months, well
        beyond *quarter-to-quarter focus* (tyka se ctvrtleti?)

        I'd understand 'focus' here to be 'horizont' or 'ramec'. Yes, this is
        surely ctvrtletni or kvartalni...I can't say mezictvrtletni though, can I?

        Need more context for the others.

        Metta,

        M.
        Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.
        - H. L. Mencken
      • Zuzana Kocicková
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
          Thanks for help,
          the whole senteces:
          Using our quality and valuation stock selection criteria we identified a
          number of companies that had successfully rebuilt profit margins.

          The identification of a number of suitable investments in the sector
          resulted in a large overweight in the sector on the basis of bottom up
          selection.

          :-)
          Z.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Zuzana Kocicková
            <zuzana.kocickova@c...> wrote:

            > Using our quality and valuation stock selection criteria we
            identified a number of companies that had successfully rebuilt profit
            margins.

            Nase kvalitativni a cenova kriteria vyberu akcii seems to me to cover
            everything...

            >bottom-up selection

            Still not sure what is being selected exactly, but if zespodu doesn't
            sound convincing then how about ve vzestupnem poradi?

            M.
            All slang is a metaphor, and all metaphor is poetry.
            - G. K. Chesterton,
          • Milan Condak
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
              Muj zakladni tip k dopracovani (obsah sdeleni):

              > Using our quality and valuation stock selection criteria we
              identified a number of companies that had successfully rebuilt profit
              margins.

              Pri pouziti nasich kriterii vyberu kvality a oceneni akcii jsme
              identifikovali nekolik spolecnosti, ktere znovu uspesne dosahuji ziskovych
              marzi.

              The identification of a number of suitable investments in the sector
              resulted in a large overweight in the sector on the basis of bottom up
              selection.

              Pocet vhodnych investic v oboru vyplynul z velke prevahy vykazovani zisku ve
              vyberu.

              (Z obou vet, vyplyva investicni doporuceni: koupime cenne papiry vice
              podniku z tohoto oboru, protoze vetsina podniku znovu dosahuje zisk z
              prodeje a vykazuje zisk.)

              Milan
            • Zuzana Kocicková
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
                You´re probably right (Milan and Melvyn)
                I used : kriteria vyberu a ocenovani akcii

                for "bottom up selection" - I used "metodou zpetneho vyberu" - firts they
                select sectors they want to invest in (top-down) and then they select stocks
                they like (bottom up).
                The client told me: ...my si to uz opravime po nasemu...

                Thank you very much
                Zuzana