TERM: Metro-style

  • Jaroslav Suchánek
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2005
      Dear listmates,
      has anybody any idea what is supposed to mean "a metro-style" digital camera
      case?
      Is it a stylish or even luxury case for carrying downtown (as opposed to
      another robust one for taking photos at countryside), or just an easy simple
      (cheap) one?
      Google is not very satisfactory this time.
      Thanks in advance
      Jarda
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2005
        Ahoj Jardo,

        Having metrosexuals in mind, my guess is the former - city style, more
        flashy and less robust, but RMAJs may tell you otherwise.
        hth
        Martin

        Jaroslav Suchánek wrote:

        >Dear listmates,
        >has anybody any idea what is supposed to mean "a metro-style" digital camera
        >case?
        >Is it a stylish or even luxury case for carrying downtown (as opposed to
        >another robust one for taking photos at countryside), or just an easy simple
        >(cheap) one?
        >Google is not very satisfactory this time.
        >Thanks in advance
        >Jarda
        >

        >NEXT PRAGUE GATHERING: Wednesday, 26th October, 6.00 pm,
        >Thanh Long restaurant, Ostrovni 23
        >

        >Czechlist resources:
        >http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Valerie Talacko
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2005
          Yes - it sounds like some sort of neat, stylish & sophisticated case.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2005
            Thanks to both Valerie and Martin for the confirming of my feeling.
            However the term was preserved in English, after consultation with the
            client.
            Jarda

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 24, 2005
              I LOVE silly clients who don't listen to what their translators say...
              Can you imagine the Czech Pepa Novak consumer browsing the catalog or
              web site and saying, Geee - they have a special camera case that would
              withstand the crowd pressure in the Prague Underground....

              Martin

              Jaroslav Suchánek wrote:

              >Thanks to both Valerie and Martin for the confirming of my feeling.
              >However the term was preserved in English, after consultation with the
              >client.
              >Jarda
              >

              >>Message: 5
              >> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:53:22 +0200
              >> From: "Valerie Talacko" <valerie@...>
              >>Subject: Re: TERM: Metro-style
              >>
              >>Yes - it sounds like some sort of neat, stylish & sophisticated case.

            • Valerie Talacko
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 24, 2005
                !!

                Still, it's like Alice saying she'd tell the Red Queen what the French was for 'fiddle-de-dee' if the Queen could tell her what language 'fiddle-de-dee' was...I mean, what language do ad people speak?

                Jaroslav Suchánek wrote:

                >Thanks to both Valerie and Martin for the confirming of my feeling.
                >However the term was preserved in English, after consultation with the
                >client.
                >Jarda
                >

                >>Message: 5
                >> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:53:22 +0200
                >> From: "Valerie Talacko" <valerie@...>
                >>Subject: Re: TERM: Metro-style
                >>
                >>Yes - it sounds like some sort of neat, stylish & sophisticated case.

                Czech republic hotel Czech republic Prague czech republic accommodation