RE: audience

  • ing.Sárka Rubková
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
      Ahoj vsichni,

      poradte prosim neco vhodneho, prekladam retezce pro webove stranky a autori
      pouzivaji neustale slovo audience

      Audience Information Detail
      Audience linked to business units
      Audience linked to countries
      Audience Name
      Audience Selection

      diky

      sarka
    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, ing.Sárka Rubková <rubkova@l...>
        wrote:
        > Audience Information Detail
        > Audience linked to business units
        > Audience linked to countries
        > Audience Name
        > Audience Selection

        Ahoj Sarko,

        Microsoft pouziva "cilova skupina", jinak me napada jeste "publikum"
        nebo "obecenstvo". Ja osobne jsem v jednom svem prekladu pouzil "okruh
        uzivatelu" ale tam se jednalo o "audience" v uzsim smyslu (ti lide,
        kteri dostanou aktualizaci SW).

        Tom
      • ing.Sárka Rubková
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
          Díky Tome,

          to je presne to, co jsem potrebovala

          sarka

        • Valerie Talacko
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
            Maybe '...Podebrady will once again be hosting Czech Radio' ?

            (although might need to use the name of the actual event)

            Valerie
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
              navstevnici, hoste (stranek)
              take byva kniha hostu

              tady mas odkaz co mi nasel wordfast

              http://www.condak.net/found/found_audience.htm

              Milan

              Microsoft pouziva "cilova skupina", jinak me napada jeste "publikum"
              nebo "obecenstvo". Ja osobne jsem v jednom svem prekladu pouzil "okruh
              uzivatelu" ale tam se jednalo o "audience" v uzsim smyslu (ti lide, kteri
              dostanou aktualizaci SW).

              Tom

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/EaOolB/TM

              Czechlist resources:

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • ing.Sárka Rubková
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                Ahoj,

                ze stejného soudku... Co je to?

                sarka
              • Michael Gmail
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Devoted, dedicated? Or just recast th' whole thing.
                  Michael

                  --
                  "In 1957, Eugene O'Neill won a Pullet Surprise."
                  - anonymous student
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2005
                    Horrible usage, but nothing compared to the artcrit stuff I'm doing.
                    How about "Early October will be Czech Radio time in Podebrady!!!"
                    Yip, yip.

                    FWIW

                    Gerry

                    > 'Patrit' is another of those 'slippery' words that you cannot always
                    > pin down. Fronek has some good examples, e.g.:
                    >
                    > Slovnik patri do kazde kancelare.
                    > There should be a dictionary in every office.
                    >
                    > OK, so this was my problem: here is the opening line of an invitation
                    > to a traditional Czech Radio event that takes place every year in
                    > Podebrady:
                    >
                    > Pocatek rijna bude v Podebradech opet patrit Ceskemu rozhlasu.
                    >
                    > Now was I suffering from a translator's hallucination here or does
                    > 'belong' not really belong here? And if it doesn't belong, then what
                    > does? I figured something out but I'd be interested to hear any other
                    > thoughts on this one.
                    >
                    > BR
                    >
                    > M.
                    > The worst thing about Europe is that you can't go out in the middle of
                    > the night and get a Slurpee.
                    > - Tellis Frank
                  • Vitezslav Ruzicka
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 4, 2005
                      I know it sounds terrible, but the sense of "patrit" in Czech, in
                      this
                      case and if exaggerated, is something like "on this day, Podebrady
                      are
                      ruled by the radio (company)". I'd leave it up to ENS, how it express
                      it nicely, better, or both :-)
                      BR
                      Vit

                      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Turner" <czechin@n...>
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                        Many thanks to Jan, Valerie, Tomas, Michael G., Gerry and Vit for your
                        ideas. The Czechs gave me a nice insight into the kind of situations
                        where this usage might crop up - and it's always interesting to see
                        how others tackle this kind of problem. Gerry actually came closest to
                        the solution that I'd come up with:

                        Early October will again be the time for Czech Radio in Podebrady.

                        So I reckon 'belong' often doesn't work if there is this idea of 'it's
                        the turn of' that Jan referred to.

                        The dictionary should mark this kind of word with a wildcard sign or
                        something.

                        M.
                        The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the
                        opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
                        - Niels Bohr