Re: IZO

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      > Hey, folks!
      >
      > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the abbreviation
      > "IZO" followed by a long number?

      This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
      usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
      the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
      opposed to for-profit establishments.

      > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
      > called "Industrial Arts"?

      I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
      materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

      Tom
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 10:46 PM, tomas_barendregt wrote:

        > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...> wrote:
        > > Hey, folks!
        > >
        > > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the
        > abbreviation
        > > "IZO" followed by a long number?
        >
        > This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
        > usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
        > the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
        > opposed to for-profit establishments.

        I figured it was something like this. Thank you.

        Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
        appears not to have basic things anymore.

        > > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
        > > called "Industrial Arts"?
        > >
        > I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
        > materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

        Right. "Shop" is hovorove, and "Industrial Arts" is spisovne.

        Thanks VERY much for this, Tom.

      • Milan Condak
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
          Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine appears not
          to have basic things anymore.

          http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

          Zkratka Obor Význam Poznámka

          IZO Školství Identifikační znak organizace

          Milan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
            On Friday, September 2, 2005, at 07:35 AM, Milan Condak wrote:

            > Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
            > appears not
            > to have basic things anymore.
            >
            > http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

            That's a WONDERFUL site! Thank you!