IZO

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hey, folks!

      What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the abbreviation
      "IZO" followed by a long number?

      Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
      called "Industrial Arts"?

      Thanks.

      Jamie
    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        > Hey, folks!
        >
        > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the abbreviation
        > "IZO" followed by a long number?

        This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
        usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
        the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
        opposed to for-profit establishments.

        > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
        > called "Industrial Arts"?

        I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
        materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

        Tom
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
          On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 10:46 PM, tomas_barendregt wrote:

          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...> wrote:
          > > Hey, folks!
          > >
          > > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the
          > abbreviation
          > > "IZO" followed by a long number?
          >
          > This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
          > usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
          > the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
          > opposed to for-profit establishments.

          I figured it was something like this. Thank you.

          Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
          appears not to have basic things anymore.

          > > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
          > > called "Industrial Arts"?
          > >
          > I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
          > materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

          Right. "Shop" is hovorove, and "Industrial Arts" is spisovne.

          Thanks VERY much for this, Tom.

        • Milan Condak
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
            Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine appears not
            to have basic things anymore.

            http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

            Zkratka Obor Význam Poznámka

            IZO Školství Identifikační znak organizace

            Milan
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
              On Friday, September 2, 2005, at 07:35 AM, Milan Condak wrote:

              > Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
              > appears not
              > to have basic things anymore.
              >
              > http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

              That's a WONDERFUL site! Thank you!