THE DAY IS DONE - napis na hrob

  • radekpletka
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
      Prekladam pro zakaznika napis na nahrobni kamen. Zakaznik napsal:
      I just want the phrase "THE DAY IS DONE" translated into Czech. My
      grandfathers life lesson he passed onto all of his kids is that you
      live your life day to day. He is 100% Czech and has recently passed
      away. We thought it was very appropriate to put "THE DAY IS DONE" on
      his tombstone since his day is done.
      Nejlepsi co mne napadlo, jsou
      Muj den se naplnil.
      Den muj u konce jest.
      Den muj se uzavrel.
      Dnove mi zavrseni jsou.
      ale moc se mi to nezda, nemate neco lepsiho?

      Je to taky nazev basne,
      http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/longfellow/12233
      nevite, zda byla prelozena do cestiny?
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
        Mne by se klidne libilo to prvni - zni to jimave, na hrob se to hodi,
        tak co chtit vic?

        Jediny preklad nazvu te basne jsem nasel v nasi vsespasitelne ;-)
        Wikipedii, viz http://wikipedia.infostar.cz/1/19/1914_in_music.html
        ale ten asi nebudes chtit pouzit :-))
        (moje oblibena perla na teze strance je "Fido je parek v rohliku nyní")

        Martin

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
          Hey, folks!

          What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the abbreviation
          "IZO" followed by a long number?

          Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
          called "Industrial Arts"?

          Thanks.

          Jamie
        • tomas_barendregt
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
            > Hey, folks!
            >
            > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the abbreviation
            > "IZO" followed by a long number?

            This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
            usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
            the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
            opposed to for-profit establishments.

            > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
            > called "Industrial Arts"?

            I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
            materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

            Tom
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
              On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 10:46 PM, tomas_barendregt wrote:

              > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...> wrote:
              > > Hey, folks!
              > >
              > > What is the meaning on a primary school transcript of the
              > abbreviation
              > > "IZO" followed by a long number?
              >
              > This is the school's ID - Identifikacni znak organizace (although
              > usually it is referred to as "identifikacni cislo zarizeni"). It is
              > the equivalent of a DIC^ (taxpayer ID) but meant for schools as
              > opposed to for-profit establishments.

              I figured it was something like this. Thank you.

              Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
              appears not to have basic things anymore.

              > > Also, is the subject "Pracovni cinnosti" what in the US was generally
              > > called "Industrial Arts"?
              > >
              > I think this is "Shop" - learning how to work with tools and various
              > materials. Perhaps "Industrial Arts" means the same?

              Right. "Shop" is hovorove, and "Industrial Arts" is spisovne.

              Thanks VERY much for this, Tom.

            • Milan Condak
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
                Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine appears not
                to have basic things anymore.

                http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

                Zkratka Obor Význam Poznámka

                IZO Školství Identifikační znak organizace

                Milan
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
                  On Friday, September 2, 2005, at 07:35 AM, Milan Condak wrote:

                  > Can anyone suggest the best, most current Slovnik zkratek? Mine
                  > appears not
                  > to have basic things anymore.
                  >
                  > http://www.zkratky.cz/search.php

                  That's a WONDERFUL site! Thank you!