Re: ADVICE: Problem with googling these days

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Vanek jr." <jan.vanek.jr@s...>
      wrote:

      >With such leech^H^H^H^H "Mirrors and forks", as Wikipedia itself puts
      it politely, I strongly support the opinion that unless they add as
      much value as (in some cases) answers.com (though I've seen
      reasonable people condemning even that one), it's more honest to link
      directly to Wikipedia even if they appear much higher in the search
      results due to praSEO necromancy.

      All lapses in terminological exactitude and good taste are as usual
      due to my juggling several tasks at the same time.

      Are you sure that _honesty_ is really what is at issue here though?

      I'm pretty ignorant of the issues involved. In what ways do
      Answers.com possibly add value to Wikipedia texts?

      >My name is Jan Vanek jr. and I'm a wiki-holic, so I admit to being
      prejudiced.

      What kind of wikiwork do you do? Anything related to literature and
      language?

      BR

      Melvyn