Introduction - new here

  • Hana Pernicova
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      I’m new here so at first to introduce myself:

      I spent couple of great years teaching Czech to foreigners in the early 90s. Then I joined the NGO sector - being a “tramp” in the Czech sense of the word (I DO like the discussion on this subject!), I worked in the green movement for some time and in a foundation supporting civil society initiatives since then. Although my job includes quite a lot of translating and editing and I occassionally edit fiction for a publishing house, I badly miss more active involvement with languages. This is going to change now – since the beginning of 2006, I’ll return to translating, editing and teaching Czech on full-time basis, in collaboration with my daughter (who has been translating fiction for several years already).

      It was great to come across to this list as well as the Bohemica site... Incredible change since the early nineties when I sometimes felt rather lonely in the CZ-EN, EN-CZ labyrinth of language challenges. Thanks to all running these sites.

      Hanka