Re: [Czechlist] Re: "hutnické sklo"

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 26, 2005
      Hmm. Well, "off-hand glass" sure brings a lot of Google hits, so there
      must be something to it. It just sounds illogical to me. As for the
      Czech-English glassworking terms in dictionaries, I have found that
      they are wrong as often as they are right, so those entries always have
      to be treated with suspicion, but not with the total conviction, that
      they could be bogus.

      Jamie

      On Friday, August 26, 2005, at 06:19 AM, melvyn.geo wrote:

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...> wrote:
      >

      > > > Or 'free-blown glass' or 'off-hand glass' any good?
      > >
      > > Is there a British meaning for "off-hand" that I don't know about?
      > > "Off-hand glass" doesn't conjure an image for me.
      >

      > When you mentioned hutni sklo I found it under that heading in the
      > SNTL Czech-English Chemical Dictionary, as well as on the net:
      >
      > www.marblemuseum.org/glassartists/alinepeterson.html
      >
      > but not being an expert, I have no idea if it is applicable (hence the
      > query) and threw it in just in case.
      >

      > M.
      > It is feeling and force of imagination that make us eloquent.
      > - Marcus Valerius Martialis
      >

      > Czechlist resources:

      <image.tiff>

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > +  Visit your group "Czechlist" on the web.

      <image.tiff>