Help: assembly instructions

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2005
      Hi there,
      I've got some assembly instructions for a kid's toy theatre in front
      of me. As usual, with this sort of text, I don't even have a picture
      of the thing so I'm not 100% sure exactly what is going on at times :-(

      In particular, I'm a bit puzzled at the verb ¨"predehnat" in this
      context.

      "Vezmeme dil tvorici zadni a bocni steny. V horni casti opatrne
      predehneme bocnice do praveho uhlu dovnitr divadla."

      I'd be grateful if somebody could explain what exactly is going on hee
      so I can think of a suitable English verb.

      Apologies in advance if this seems like a stupid question. I always
      have problems with these kinds of instructions...

      MTIA
      Coilin
    • Hana Jarolímová
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2005
        Hi Coilin!

        The verb is "predehnout", not "predehnat" - je to neco jako "mirne
        ohnout". In that context, I would say:
        V horní casti opatrne ohneme bocnice.....

        regards
        Hana
      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2005
          I would say
          predehnout = "partly bend in advance"
          Honza
        • ing.Sárka Rubková
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2005
            Hi Coilin,

            it means fold in advance or fold before doing something else

            sarka

          • coilinoc
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2005
              > The verb is "predehnout", not "predehnat" - je to neco jako "mirne
              > ohnout". In that context, I would say:
              > V horní casti opatrne ohneme bocnice.....

              Whoops! I'm glad I asked :-)
              Many thanks to Hana, Jan and Sarka for their prompt response.
              Coilin