Re: Czenglish?

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 8, 2005

      Michael G. wrote:
      >I don't think so, but I'd have to see the whole sentence.

      I'd say that's normally fine.

      Actually, I'd hazard a guess that the confusion arising over 'dispose
      of' originally stems from its 'settle, deal with' meaning (e.g. see
      Webster's). If I am to dispose of my property as I think fit then
      surely one of my options is in fact to keep my property.

      BR

      Melvyn
      Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let
      the food fight it out inside.
      - Mark Twain